Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wishful thinking

Last night for family night we decided to have a lesson around Elder Oaks talk, Good, Better, Best. We divided into teams and brainstormed activities in each category. Then we played charades and each team acted their ideas out for the other team. The kids loved it (they love acting anything out) and, they came up with all the right answers. Feeling so proud of our kids answers and that now they would want to spend their time doing the 'best' things, we ended.

Kaela and Sam's first question after we were through? "Can we play our Nintendo DS's?"

Glad that really sunk in!

4 comments:

Di said...

That is such a fun idea, but what do you expect from the game gurus. I'm sure it sank in, but they just needed a break from doing something great...FHE. You guys are such a cute family. Tyler told me about his random complimentary phone call to Richard. Hope he didn't get weirded out or anything :)

jenn said...

That is so awesome. I can totally see that happening with my kids. The blessings come for the effort, right? We can only hope anyway.

sweet pickles said...

I totally left a comment on here a couple days ago, but alas, it looks like it didn't post.

Anyway, I thought it was funny, and if it makes you feel better my kids would probably be playing their DS's DURING the lesson!

kacee said...

Next scrapbook night I will definately be hitting you up for FHE ideas! Cudos to you for the effort!