Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Is it really over?

After 11 days of partying I can't believe Christmas vacation is over. Here are some highlights of our vacation:

-Brough Family Party with Richard's extended family. I love to hang out with all of them. It is such a blast because most of the cousins are the same age as we are. Lots of fun people to talk to and tons of kids!

-Christmas morning. Our kids are at the funnest ages. Christmas is so magical to them. Kaela was so excited she couldn't sleep. She made me laugh so hard when she told me she had tried everything including counting her blessings and still couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve.

-Game playing. We played games almost every night with my family. Lots and lots of laughs...Richard and I did not make it to bed before 1 AM once during the vacation. I think January will be an early to bed month for us.

-Teething Addy. Made for some long nights but happy to report she is doing better now.

-Catching up with good friends. So great to see Amy and her family at their annual Boxing Day party. Dinner with the Maylett's. Jazz games at Mom's. Seeing Chuck E. Cheese again after a good 20 years (he hasn't aged at all!).

Can't wait until next year!

5 comments:

kacee said...

I am so glad you had an enjoyable holiday! We missed you at scrapbook night, good to hear Addy is feeling better!

I am gonna have to steal the "counting blessings" for the next time Adi uses the can't sleep excuse!

Happy New Year!

sweet pickles said...

Sounds like much fun! We missed you and your pretzels Friday.

jenn said...

So glad to hear you had such a great holiday. Our kids really are the perfect age, aren't they? Such fun.

Missed you this month at Scrapbook night, can't wait to see you in January.

Hope Addy is feeling better. Sick and teething...bummer.

See you soon!

Ashley said...

We had lots of fun playing games with you guys! My favorite memory might be mom dancing with the mop. Can't wait until next year.

Shannon Martin said...

By the way I hope you were referring to the "Brough Party" because I totally love them too!