Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bitter Sweet Cuteness

Okay, so I will be the first to admit that it takes me forever to finally give in to cutting my kids hair. Kaela was three, Sam was 15 months (Richard was pleading for a haircut from 9 months on), and Karissa, well, now she is 3 1/2. But in my defense I did trim Karissa's hair about 6 months ago.

My little sister and her husband have been hinting for about a month now that "Karissa would be so cute with a hair cut" and "Karissa don't you want a haircut?" I got the hint guys! So, I called and booked my sister-in-law Michelle for a Karissa cut today.

When I asked Karissa how she wanted her hair cut she replied, "buns." I guess she didn't totally understand what a haircut meant. I held back the tears as Michelle chopped off a good 8 inches (I am horrible at measuring, but seriously doesn't that seem like a ton!). Thanks Michelle for going easy on me and giving me an extra inch. After she was done getting styled Karissa told me she got an Aunt Ashley haircut. And I do have to admit Karissa looks pretty cute. Check her out...


before


after

6 comments:

sweet pickles said...

Look at that hair. I would KILL for hair like that!

kacee said...

Soo cute! I bet it will be a ton easier to do too! Way to be brave Mom!

Gunderson's said...

So cute! :)

Andrea Griggs said...

That is such a cute haircut!

Courtney said...

Joey,

Wow! It has been a long time! How on earth did you come across our blog??? That is so funny! I'm so glad that you wrote me and gave me your info. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list, so I can keep in touch? Your family is so darling. What a beautiful little family. We're not to far behind you. Number 4 is arriving in March. Do you keep in touch with anyone else from good old Clarke American? Talk to you again soon.

-Courtney

Blondie said...

Karissa will always be cute no matter what style her hair is!! I do love the new flip though. Hope to see you guys soon.

Love,
Sadie