Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cheese-cakin It!


The long awaited day came...the Cheesecake Factory opened in Utah! We had the not so great idea to go opening Saturday to celebrate Keith's (my bro-in-law) birthday. We had a plan...go at 2:30 when lunch was finishing up and before dinner. I thought it would be busy, but not a 4 hour wait busy! We decided to stick it out (thank goodness Fashion Place was right next door to help pass the time). We ended up waiting for 2 1/2 hours (not too bad I guess). Richard and I shared the Chicken Madeira and the Tuxedo Cheesecake. Sooooo yummy. Seriously, it was so good, I was not disappointed. We finally left about 6:45, so the whole day was devoted to our cheesecake adventure. We only survived because we had the fabulous idea of getting a babysitter, would never have waited that long with kids in tow!


Was it worth it, mmmmm YES (but sorry to all my girlfriends who I skipped out on because my lunch date took forever). Can't wait to go back...anyone up for a cheesecake adventure?

5 comments:

Amy said...

For a couple of years I've had this ban on the CcF because of long waits with big parties. In fact, when I banned it, I swore I would never return. Well, I'm going there today with work. I am in charge of going early to secure our position however, I fear they will pull a fast one on me and our 2 hour lunch activity will turn into a 4 hour excursion. I have little faith in the cheesecake system! Wish me luck!

Casey said...

Loved going to Cheesecake! The wait was so ridiculous, but a fun experience to always remember. Thanks for the awesome idea on the babysitter!

alli may said...

I haven't ever had a bad experience at the CF, but I've also never been when there wasn't a two hour wait.

Ashley said...

I agree, the wait was worth it. Looking forward to next time! I also really like my new shades and my round brush. I may not have picked those items up had it not been for the wait!

Di said...

I've only been to the CcF once and I wasn't too impressed with the food. Maybe my expectations were really high because people seem to rave about it. I guess I need to give it another try especially now that it's in Utah. I'll wait for it to slow down though. We'll have to plan on going together...