Monday, November 5, 2007

Candy!

Okay, Karissa ate all of her Halloween candy in about a day's time (I know what you are all thinking, but honestly I just thought let her eat it all and let it be gone!). Mostly she took one bite of everything and threw it away. On the flip side, Kaela and Sam have eaten one piece every now and again and still have their whole bag full. Yesterday Karissa sneaked Sam's bag and finished off the entire thing! This morning I caught her going for Kaela's bag. I put my foot down, "No Karissa, no more candy!" Then my sweet little Kaela said, "Mom, she can have my candy, it's not very healthy." Wow, where did that come from? My heart swelled with pride over Kaela's total kindness to her sister. It sank to think, another day of Karissa on a candy high. Here's to getting rid of ALL of our candy via Karissa! And to think, she is so skinny I can barely get a pair of pants to fit her.

1 comment:

Bonneville Mariner said...

That's funny. Meadow and I actually systematically throw away the candy after Halloween. You can't do it all at once. Oh no, they're too smart for that. Just a little at a time, so they think they're actually eating it. Maybe they're wondering, but they don't want to ask because they don't want to let you know they are binging. Just a tootsie roll and a smarties in the trash (save the Reeses for us) and they never notice until it's all gone.