Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer Lovin...

"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon...the two most beautiful words in the English language." -henry james



I can hardly believe it is already July! Summer time just goes by so much faster than dreary old winter. Although I am hot and tired, I just love summer. Love working out in the yard, love not having to put a coat or jacket on me or the kids, love flip-flops, love bbq'ing, love soaking up the sun...just love summer!





Speaking of soaking up the sun, we had a chance to swim at Ashley and Keith's pool on Saturday. We had lots of fun--and it was the perfect way to spend a 100 degree day in Utah. I realized that old habits die hard..I wanted to spend the entire day at the pool...Richard was ready to go after a couple hours of swimming. Growing up, we would spend the whole day swimming at my Grandma Conley's when we went to visit her. Grandma or my Mom would bring us lunch to the pool and we would head in late afternoon to get ready for dinner. We loved it...there is just something wonderful about spending the day in the sun. So, Richard and I compromised and left about 3:00. Casey and I are kindred spirits when it comes to the pool (actually I think she could stay even longer than I can) and she only left because everyone else was. Anyway, it was great fun. The kids all loved it. Thanks Ash!!



Richard surprised me by getting a babysitter on Friday night and we went out. We enjoyed dinner at Johnny Carino's (one of my favorites) , strolled around Barnes and Noble (Richard's favorite) and went to see Ocean's 13. It was a much needed break for both of us! We really enjoyed the movie and spending some time together. I really do love those kids of ours...but time together is so rejuvenating..so glad I married my best friend.



I also think Richard and I are a shoe in for parents of the year. Karissa has been so tired this entire summer. She stays up late and then wakes up as soon as the sun comes up. She has also missed quite a few naps. The other night we were working on getting the house cleaned up. Karissa wanted to watch a show and so for peace we let her. She opened one of her suckers and sat down quietly. Richard and I were busy cleaning when we went to check on Karissa. She had fallen asleep with the sucker in her mouth...which made me feel like such a great parent. Can't wait for those dental bills.







Looking forward to the 4th of July this week and spending time with our families. It should be great. Holiday's are always a blast!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

We had lots of fun at the pool this past weekend! We will have to do it again soon! I love the sucker picture of Karissa - her personality exactly.