Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ah, parenthood!

"Some days I wonder how my kids will turn out, but most of the time I'm just figuring out how to survive them RIGHT NOW!" -the story people

So, it has been a really long week...does school really not start for another month? Wow. Does Richard really have to work another 10 hour day!!! Feeling some serious crazies coming on! Okay, it really isn't that bad, but having to take 3 kids to do everything (especially all the fun things they love like...getting the oil changed, grocery shopping, going to the bank, you fill in the blank) just takes twice as long with way to many whines going on!

Ah, such is the life of a big family. Really, I have had so many moments this summer where I have just thought I have the greatest kids ever. Seeing Kaela and Karissa play Polly Pockets and princesses nicely has made me believe that they have a really special sibling connection. Other moments too...like watching Sam push Karissa in the swing, Karissa begging for someone to sit by her in the car, Sam reading to Karissa, playing lego's together nicely (as illustrated in the picture)...all are evidence to me that they really love each other. But, on the flip side, the moments filled with fighting, whining, complaining...have all been plentiful too. There have been too many times lately where I have decided that parenthood really is for those who like to get a glimpse of their less than perfect self!!!

Reminds me of growing up. I am sure we drove my Mom so crazy. Couldn't even count on all my fingers and toes the amount of scratches I endured (or dished out) and the countless other mean, crazy fights I got into with my siblings. Now they are my favorite people. So, there really is hope for the future...not just for the kids, but for me too!! =)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Just love your kids to pieces:) Drop them by my house when you want to run an errand--seriously!