Monday, June 25, 2007

Catching Up

So much has happened this past week...so, here's the scoop...first of all on Richard's health...

Richard had a check-up with his cardiologist this week and everything looks great. There doesn't seem to be any complications with the device they used to close the hole in his heart. We are so happy!! He also received results from his CT scans and everything looks great. Still cancer free. We are so grateful. We always feel a little bit stressed every time his scans come around, but we feel so blessed that everything turned out to be normal. Thanks to all of you for your prayers on our behalf. In September Richard will be two years out of treatment and we are so glad everything is still looking good.


Richard had a stake camp with the Young Men on Thursday night. So, you know the saying..while the cat is away...the kids and I went to play. We went to the Mayan Adventure with my Mom and sister Casey. The kids loved it and well, it is interesting for sure. I don't know what to call them, actors (maybe?) roam around speaking some crazy language and interacting with the kids. The whole idea was a little freaky to me, but hey the kids loved it and were entertained for a couple of hours. I guess that is what counts.


Richard came home on Friday afternoon and we packed up for the annual Bud Campout. This is an activity we look forward to every year, because we camp and hang out with lots of our friends from high school. So many people think it is crazy that after 13 years we still keep in touch with so many of our high school friends, but it really is just the greatest time with some of our most cherished friends. This year we "camped out" in the Blake's backyard because there are quite a few of us that are pregnant. The Blake's live on an acre of land in Saratoga Springs, so everyone just set their tents up in their backyard. I was so proud of myself because at 7 1/2 months pregnant I slept in the tent! We laughed lots, ate smores and the kids enjoyed playing together. We also had an awesome group breakfast together (thanks men). The guys enjoyed playing volleyball, while us girls sat and chatted. Already looking forward to next year...











We got to hang out with my sister Ashley and her husband Keith on Saturday night for our ritual game playing night. We haven't been able to get together as much lately, so it was good to play again. We had a great time and the kids always love it when they come over.


I am realizing that I really am losing my mind being pregnant. On Sunday morning I was so hot...seriously. I was sweating getting ready for church. Richard chalked it up to my hot showers. I realize that I take hot showers, but it didn't seem any hotter than normal. Anyway, after church I was still dying of heat when all the sudden I realized that I had turned off the air when my sister was cold the night before and never turned it back on. The house was 82 degrees by that time. Thank goodness I don't have to give up my showers! =) I also found myself squinting the whole day yesterday and couldn't figure out why. I just kept thinking my contact prescription must be wrong. When I went to take out my contacts that night, I realized I had only put one contact in and never even thought about it as I was squinting. I guess I 'm not functioning at full capacity.


Just a funny note to end on. Karissa was throwing one of her usual tantrums this past week. While she was throwing her fit I turned to Sam and said, "What are we going to do with her?" He came and whispered in my ear, "The person you need is Nanny McPhee." It made me laugh so hard. Just what I needed in that stressful moment, and will probably only be funny to you if you have seen the movie...so if not pick it up and enjoy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Joey!

I had so much fun hanging out with you at the Bud campout! I'm so glad we all still get together! I love to read your blog! Keep it up!

Heather

Ashley said...

Keith and I loved playing games this past weekend! We will have to plan another night soon!

Casey said...

I would totally be willing to go in on the Nanny McPhee idea:) Love your blog!