Monday, June 18, 2007

Thoughts on SF


"No city invites the heart to come to life as San Francisco does. Arrival in San Francisco is an experience in living"~William Saroyan




San Francisco was such a blast!! We had such a wonderful time laughing, shopping, eating, spending time with family and so on. There truly is no place on earth like San Fran. Some reflections and favorite memories from the trip:


-Eating at the Cheesecake Factory in the Macy's building in downtown San Francisco (picture of me alone above taken from the CF terrrace). I didn't think it could live up to all the hype my sister gave it -- but absolutely the best food I've had in a long time. I already can't wait to eat there again. Seriously, it was that good. Mmmmmm.


-Seeing Paul, Sherri and their boys sealed in the temple. Such a great experience that made me reflect on my own family and how grateful I am we are forever! When it all comes down to it, you realize that what really matters in this life is family and the gospel.




-Totally relying on public transportation to get around downtown. Sure better than driving in all the crazy California traffic. What an adventure -- thanks Ian.



-Shopping downtown San Francisco. So fun, so many great stores, so close together. The three floor Old Navy and Gap Stores were pretty awesome too. (And, I only spent $30!!)


-Getting to hang out with most of my extended family on Saturday afternoon after the temple and realizing how wonderful they are and how much I love them. Honestly, I have not laughed that hard in a six hour time frame in a long time. Good times...


-Mostly, this trip made me realize how blessed I am to have my wonderful husband who watched the kids so I could go off and enjoy myself for a weekend. I just can't get over how amazing he is and how much I love him. Being away from him for 4 days made me realize that vacations just aren't the same without him, and after 10 years he is still my very favorite person in the whole world to be with. Lucky me!!


Hoping that all of you get a chance to rejuvenate and relax with some of your favorite people out there soon in some place wonderful....

No comments: