Saturday, August 25, 2007

Baby Love


I can't believe it has almost been a week and this is the first chance I've had to sit and report on our sweet little one (life with 4 kids!). Addyson Ann was born August 24th. She weighed in at 7 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long with lots of brown hair. She is so sweet, precious, beautiful and the list goes on (parents are allowed some bragging rights, right!) She is such an angel. You forget that "fresh from heaven" spirit that babies bring. She has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. The kids love her so much, and the biggest stress is them fighting over who gets to hold her first.
I am also happy to report that life is just as crazy/chaotic as I thought it would be. Definitely feeling the sleep deprivation this time. Maybe it is because we have so many lives to manage, going here...going there. Maybe because I'm 30 this time. Whatever it is, I'm tired!! So grateful that Richard has been home this week...could not have survived without him. Addyson has had jaundice and has had to be in a beli bed (little light bed that is suppose to bring their belirubin down). Needless to say she did not love being in that bed at night at all. Not the funnest start to life. We have been at the doctors office everyday to get blood tests, but I am happy to report that as of today she is off the lights and healthy. I don't have to go to the doctor until next Friday!!!


Besides welcoming a new family member, it has been a busy week! Kaela started 3rd grade, Sam started Kindergarten and little Karissa attended her preschool orientation. She will start school next week. We also celebrated our 10th anniversary. I can hardly believe we survived it all. But with all the craziness Richard and I have both been teary eyed several times this week because we can't help but feel that we are so blessed. It has just been reinforced to us that family is truly the greatest blessing of all. Thanks to all of you for your love, prayers and the many other ways you have helped us. We have the greatest family and friends...really!

12 comments:

joey said...

Don't let the post date fool you...I started this post in the hospital but haven't been able until today, Thursday August 30!

Angie Penrose said...

What a little cutie! The name Addyson is so cute too. I love that one. Hope all is well with you guys! Thanks for visiting my blog! It means alot. :)

Amy said...

Oh, congratulations! What a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. She is a beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

She is just precious, Congrats to the Brough family.

Kathleen said...

Congrats, Joey and Richard! She is a sweetie!

Ashley said...

Addy looks so sweet in that picture! She is a little darling. We love you guys!

sweet pickles said...

What a cutie. Perfect name, too!

Casey said...

She is just so darling. What a perfect complement to the Brough family! Enjoy--and try to get some sleep!

Heather said...

That is so neat! You guys really are blessed to have such sweet children. I'm so glad everything is going well. I hope it gets a little easier as time goes by.

Unknown said...

Hello!
I've yet to congratulate you!
Congratulations on your sweet new arrival.
We are almost in the same boat... 30, 10 year anniversary, um except for the kids. You are a couple up on me!
Keep it going wonder woman!!!!

Krista said...

Congrats! Had any sleep yet? I can't believe this makes 4. So cool!