Monday, October 13, 2008

Yum-O

Look what I made tonight...

I know I have already confessed my non love of cooking homemade bread on this blog. But then my friend Kacee invited me over for a fabulous dinner of homemade pizza and cinnamon twists and convinced me that homemade breads were easy with this recipe. So...I'm hooked even though I think Kacee's (kudos again girl!) were prettier and tastier. I'm hoping this isn't a super secret recipe...but here goes. From mixer to oven in 1 hour, seriously! In Kitchen Aid or Bosch mixer (can double with Bosch):

5 1/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbs salt
1 1/2 tbs saf instant yeast
1 1/2 tbs lecithin (buy it at Kitchen Kneads in WJ or other specialty stores..squeeze quarter size for a tbs)
2 cups hot tap water.

Mix dry ingredients. Add lecithin and water. Mix one minute. Check consistency, adding water and flour as necessary. Mix 5 minutes. Do not add water or flour after mixing. Spray counter with Pam. Cut into two loaves. For bread shape loaves and cover with a dish towel. Let raise 25 minutes. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. For bread sticks, roll and shape. Let rise 20 minutes. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Pizza, don't raise. Cook at 400 for 25 minutes. Cinnamon Rolls, cut and let raise 20 minutes. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

Happy Baking. Hello 5 pounds.

10 comments:

jenn said...

Joey, there you go again dazzling us with your innner Diva. You are amazing {and that Kacee is not too shabby either!}. They both look super yummy!

The Redhead said...

This comment is for Richard: Was it better than the ribs?????

Marinda said...

I'm impressed. Cinnamon rolls are not the easiest things to make. They look delicious.

Jane said...

I am drooling. yummmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Joey. I need to make these and your post provided the inspiration and the recipe!

Kelli Lindsey said...

I must make them at once! You are an awesome cook, Richard is one lucky man! They look amazing:)

kacee said...

See! Told ya! Those cinnamon rolls look to die for!

Found a recipe for sticky buns that had apples in them the other day, sounded yummy and fallish, thinking it would be super easy with this recipe...I'll let you know!

Tamra said...

For someone who doesn't bake, look at you go. Cinnamon rolls are my Conference tradition, I love to make and eat homemade cinamon rols, but for me they never taste as good as they smell.

Alicia said...

Why would you do this to me? Now I want them (don't want to make them, I want to EAT them!)

Please bring some over. thank you.

The end.

Angie Penrose said...

Yeah! I need a good easy bread dough recipe. Thanks for sharing. It looks super yummy.