Saturday, June 21, 2008

A little cheesy, but it's true...



To be honest I have felt a little ripped off that both my sisters and Mom have worked full time while I have been at home for the past 10 years. My Mom and sibs are my best friends (can't leave out my favorite brother, whom I talk to at least every other day). I have been a little jealous of all of you who get to hang out and make huge batches of cookies to freeze with your loved ones on a regular basis.

So, whenever one of them gets the day off we usually spend it together. I got to spend the whole day on Friday with my little sister Ashley. We hit the gym, decided to visit our Mom (who was taking a class at the U) for lunch, hit the Gateway so the kids could run around, visited Richard at work and ended the evening with a family dinner (missed you Casey, but looking forward to SYTYCD this week). Anyway, glad to have days like this...they are FUN (especially in the summer when there are no schedules ruling us!).


And, I have to say I have some wonderful friends whom I get to hang out with on a regular basis, don't think I could function without my weekly lunch date with Candace, and other random events that come up each week. Just feeling a little grateful for all the moments I get to spend with my loved ones here and there. Just so you know the above picture of my fam was from our SF trip together last year when I was 7 months pregnant, no I am not pregnant now, just last year. =)

9 comments:

R Clan said...

We would LOVE to have you over for a slide party. We had it up again yesterday and no one was home. Braxton tried to invite people and we made a few calls but everyone seemed to have vanished. It really is a lot of fun. We'll have to schedule a date and maybe we can have a BBQ with you and the Mayletts.

Kristen said...

I totally get the jealousy that you feel. I don't have any family that lives in the state and I find myself longing for the fun times that I see my friends and neighbors having with their families. Thank goodness for friends that take the place of families, but they aren't always the same.

Kristen (from the card group)

The Redhead said...

I hate that my mom and sisters work! Not to mention that one sister lives in Logan and if she isn't at work she isn't close. All my sister-in-laws work as well. I guess I'll have to do more with the only stay at home sibling I have: Tyler(your very quiet neighbor). I guess you and I should get together and be psuedo sisters. What do ya say?

{jane} said...

Friends & Family make everything wonderful, don't they!

sweet pickles said...

You are always so sweet and thoughtful and grateful. I love your attitude!

jenn said...

I don't think this post was at all "cheesy". You're so sweet and thoughtful and life would be just plain awful if we didn't remember all the blessings we have! Good for you.

Spencer family said...

I like Cheese! I like fun times with family too! It's great that you take the time to get together and enjoy the time you do have.
Joann

We are the Mayletts said...

I always look forward to our outings with you guys. Thanks for being such a good friend Joey. Even if we have to force our kids to like eachother, it's worth it!

Ashley said...

I had a blast hanging out Jo! Wish we could every week. Hopefully some day soon. I should start working 4-10's soon. Can't wait for Friday morning gym class.