Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Must Haves!

Just yesterday as Addy was drinking out of her sippy cup, our piano teacher (a grandma) told me how lucky I was to have a sippy cup. She told me how they best sippy in her day was a Tupperware cup with lid. We all know those do not work for babies! That got me thinking about all the great products available to us. Here are some of my "favorite baby things" this time around.


A bumbo seat! I loved this thing. I saw it on Heidi Swapp's blog when Karissa was two. I just thought to myself, too bad they didn't have those when I had babies. Then, surprise Addy! That was the first item on my list. I loved this thing, she looked so cute in it.


Adorable pacifiers. When I was pregnant I read a study that said babies who had a pacifier had a lower risk of SIDS. That hooked me right away. While my other children never took a pacifier, Addy did. They have SO many cute ones now. New designs and colors pop up every month. Now that Addy is one I have to tell myself no more! Lucky you if you still get to browse the pacifier isle at Target!


Flower clips and bows. So cute! I loved it when I could force Addy to wear them. The flowers are just adorable and I wish someone would have thought of this 9 years ago when I had my first girl. Too bad the bow/flower phase didn't last for long. Our little bald Addy will have nothing to do with anything being on her head.


Baby Cheetos...aka Gerber Crunchies. Addy loves these things and still does the happy dance when we pull them out. All the texture of Cheetos puffs and they say packed with vitamins (not totally sold on that). All the texture babies love without the orange mess and guilt!

Here are just a few of the things "new to me" this baby. Enjoying it all since she is my last baby. Hope some of you new Mom's and Mom's to be enjoy all the great stuff out there!

8 comments:

Heather said...

They do have a lot more stuff since I had my kids. I love anything that makes life more convenient. Cute pictures to go with your favorite things too!

jenn said...

And seriously, what did our Mother's do without disposable diapers and wipes? I can't even think about it!

Another one of my favorites are those disposable bibs. Perfect for restaurants!

Jodie said...

Amen lady!! Avery is only 18 months but there's stuff out now that wasn't out when she was an infant! I swear in 10 years I'm going to want to have a baby just so I can buy all the fabulous gadgets that'll come out. Or.....maybe NOT! :)

Anonymous said...

she is such a cute girl! it was so great to see you. thanks for making the effort to come.

{jane} said...

seriously. Life with babies just keeps getting better & better! since I think we are probably done having kids, I want to design them now! Everything is so cute! I want to pick a name, and do all the shopping for the nursery/clothes/accessories! Wouldn't that be the best!?!

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Gotta love all the modern conveniences. Don't worry, your older girls at least can still wear cute bows and flowers. They are adorable. I can't wait to have another baby so I can try out one of those bumbo seats or whatever they are called. I didn't know about them with my first 2.

We are the Mayletts said...

I love new binkies and strollers.

Sara said...

Yes, so many fun new things since we started out "baby shopping" 8 years ago! :)

The Bumbo was definitely a FAB-ulous addition to our Baby Stuff Collection with our last little guy... It will be fun to see all the new things I fall in love with now that our new little guy is here! (The Swaddle-Me, Disposal bibs, Cereal To-Go packs, and Hands-Free bottles are already at the top of my faves list!