Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can't eat, can't sleep, must blog.


I can hardly believe I have been blogging for a year now!! What did we do with ourselves before we blogged away? I have been thinking about this whole blog culture lately and here are some random thoughts that have crossed my mind...

1. Should I have my blog go private in case anyone crazy reads my blog and tracks me down, and already knows all my kids names...

2. Am I totally flattering myself to think someone "crazy" would actually spend time reading this blog??

3. If I go private will I miss chances to catch up with some old friends?

4. Love that I have caught up with some old friends through blogging.

5. When are other friends/family members going to start a blog so I can catch up on their lives and family?

6. Please, no one else start a blog, I. CAN'T. KEEP. UP. =)

7. How does only five more minutes, turn into 5 blog jumps and 30 minutes?

8. Does anyone else's back hurt from blogging?

9. I must have improved my typing skills from all the comments I have left.

10. Do I need to give myself a blogging time allowance, like I give my kids video game time allowance?

11. Can I fit one more person into my links?

12. Have I left someone off my links?

13. Have I hurt someones feelings by accidentally leaving them off my links.

14. Does anyone else think, "I've got to blog this", mid sentence, mid party, mid thought, etc.

15. If I see one more word verification...

16. I love this whole blog thing.

17. I hate this whole blog thing.

18. Better update my blog.

19. Better read blogs.

20. Bloggity, blog, blog, blog.

Here's to another year...

20 comments:

Mindurs said...

Exactly my feelings about blogging. Got to go and do some more blog surfing.

PS we use nicknames so the psycho blog stalkers won't track us down.

Di said...

That is so funny... I have had all of those thoughts as well. Sometimes I feel like I should give up on blogging or take a bloggy break, but then of coarse I start blogging again. I hope you have figured out google reader which saves a ton of time... if not call me to come over right now once and for all :)

Gunderson's said...

So true... Thanks for making me smile. :)

Heather said...

I have definitely had your same thoughts. I love the flattering yourself one. You write some great things. I love keeping in touch through blogging also. I would really miss you if you didn't blog so please don't stop. Just do it when you can and that will be great!

Lyndee said...

Good thoughts! I'm the same and since it's 11:30 and I'm commenting instead of sleeping, you know I have it bad! :)

sweet pickles said...

I love it! And I love your blog!

Jennifer said...

Amen...

Terry said...

Holy Blogger.... I think it's an addiction. And I got it!!!! HELP!!!!

Tiffany said...

I think I've had most of those thoughts about blogging too! What did I ever do before I checked up on all these blogs?! :)

And if you're blog was private, I never would have found you guys. I've reconnected with a ton of friends because they found my blog so I guess that's the trade off.

Sara said...

Ditto!

Although I've found that it is easier to "keep up" if you do just a little bit each time, and more often, than trying to catch up a whole after a break... it gets overwhelming! (Ahhh! Right where I am right now!)

And don't go private... I'd miss you! :)

jenn said...

Very well said.

Jo, you are the best. Love ya.

Amanda said...

I've never laughed so hard in all my life!! I have had everyone of those thoughts!! Blogging is a lot more time consuming than I thought! I still love to read your blog though!

Marinda said...

Do you want Regan to perscribe you a nice little pill to make all your worries go away?

{jane} said...

blogging rocks!

I've debated going private a few times, started to make lists of everyone's email addresses so they would be permitted, etc, etc.

but, I've had about 3 great opportunities arise from strangers because they found me or our family on our blog...and so far, no scary stalkers...so, it's a hard decision for me!

Cresta said...

Ha ha! I have to "reward" myself - do the dishes, 15 min computer time. vacuum - 15 more minutes. fold laundry - you get the picture...

Blondie said...

So true Joey!!

We are the Mayletts said...

I like your baby.
Once you see that on your blog you should go private.

kacee said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Tamra said...

Blog limits-ssshhh, Mark might see that and impose one.

Unknown said...

Love this!
It makes me laugh... and I can totally relate! We were in primary today and a little girl said she started a blog! A few of our jaws dropped!
It is a part of our culture!
I think with all of the ? I'm so happy to do it to keep in touch at least every once in a while!
Hugs!