Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall is in the Air

After being very pregnant all summer, I didn't think it was possible to ever be cold again! Last night I got the shivers from the cold air. my air conditioning didn't kick on all night and I had my first really hot shower in a long time! Welcome back cold. It is a little sad to say goodbye to summer. There are so many things that I love about the warmth. No coats, no socks, no layers...but this year I am actually looking forward to fall a little more. So loving my kids being back in school (three cheers for public education!!). It feels great to get them back to some what of a productive life. Loving that I am no longer sweating all the time, love that the holiday season is just around the corner. I'll change my mind about the cold come December, but right now I am just loving a little change.

I also started reading again. I have to read in waves because I get so into books I can literally ignore my kids for a day. But Richard reminded me that it had been awhile...so I picked up Twilight, a book many of you have raved about. Knowing me I should be finished in a couple of days here, so I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the kids survive... =)

Happy Fall and Back to School to all of you!!!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

If you are like me, the kids will be completely ignored while you devour Twilight! and then New Moon and then Eclipse... have fun!

Ashley said...

I have only heard great things about Twilight - I will have to borrow it when you finish! Enjoy!

Casey said...

I am loving that slight chill too. Do you remember though we always loved fall because of our birthdays? Just think--we are going to be the same age in a few weeks for a few weeks. Your favorite!

Claudia Orgill said...

Joey,

This blog may be intended more for family than anyone else but I wanted to see pictures of Addyson. She is adorable! You have a beautiful family.

Hope we'll be seeing you guys sometime soon...I know the girls have been talking about a girls night out...we'll let you know.

Congrats Joey!

Claudia

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the book is. Loving the fall weather too. :)

sweet pickles said...

What did you think of Twilight? (I'm assuming you finished it). I don't have the 2nd one, but Jenn does, and I have the 3rd, I can bring it Friday if you don't already have it. Let me know...